Roller Towels vs Paper. Cotton roller towels come out on top of paper towels in…
How To Remove Oil And Grease From Rubber Floor Mats
As a commercial floor care specialist we know how to remove oil from mats and nylon matting. Using commercial laundry machines we first pre-wash all our mats at 40 degrees to remove surface debris and also loosen the mat fibres.
The next stage of how to is to wash on a high temperature 40 – 60 degrees depending on the severity of soiling adding laundry emulsifier at the final stage of the filling process.
How To Remove Oil From Mats Correct Dosage
Choosing the correct dosage of laundry emulsifier is an important factor on how to remove oil from mats, you can also use a measuring container or a auto dosing system.
Weigh your matting
- Low to medium soiling 100ml of laundry emulsifier for 22Kg of mats to be processed.
- Heavily contaminated mats use 300ml of laundry emulsifier for each 22Kg of matting
Knowing how to remove oil from mats can also be a trial and error situation as the majority of mats and matting differ in pile length and weight and this should be considered when applying your chemicals.
One of the main problems of using laundry emulsifiers is over foaming in the machine by adding too much and this should be avoided, not adding enough can also be detrimental as this will not remove oil sufficiently.
Heavy deposits of oil and grease on mats should be placed on a main wash at the hottest temperature following the manufacturers guidelines for items that are to be cleaned, washing at the incorrect temperatures can damage your mats.
Maintaining your mats on a regular basis is very important as this reduces the amount of cleaning chemicals used. This keeps your matting looking good as well as functional.
Using high quality commercial rental grade mats in your workshop, engineering department, canteens, kitchens, garage or forecourt is advised.
Too Much Hassle
Still not sure how to remove oil from mats ? is all this how to remove oil from mats too much hassle. As a business owner you need to decide if all the work and time spent cleaning mats is of financial benefit to your operation.
Rentex hygiene services Ltd can help, we provide a regular Mat Rental maintenance service for business users only.
COVID 19 Notice
Preventative measures can you take to prevent spreading germs and infection.
Here are a few more steps you can use, along with the use of safety masks to protect yourself from harmful substances in the environment:
- Perform hand hygiene frequently, using soap and water (where possible) or use an Alcohol Based Hand Sanitiser
- Try not to touch your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover nose and mouth with a bent elbow or paper tissue when coughing
- Use face masks when distancing isn’t possible
- Keep surfaces clean and also disinfected
How To Remove Oil From Mats Buying Laundry Emulsifiers
As a user of these mat cleaning chemicals we can also supply these special oil and grease mat cleaning chemicals at very reasonable rates, our RTX laundry emulsifier 10 litre containers are the most popular.
The processing stages, information is intended as a guide only.
- Stage 1 place mats in machine accordion style
- Stage 2, pre wash at 40 degrees with a bio soap liquid or powder to remove debris
- The final stage of how to remove oil from mats is the application of emulsifier to the main hot wash.
Information is intended as a guide only.
Follow us on Twitter