Urinal Water Saving Devices
Urinal water saving devices by Rentex Hygiene Services based in Wakefield near Leeds and Bradford within West Yorkshire provide water management systems on a full rental contract service from our offices in Yorkshire, our commercial water saver flush control system reduces business water consumption through un-checked cisterns by up to 80% dependent on existing flush cycles within the washroom. Rentex Hygiene Services can help you achieve water savings and washroom hygiene standards with our quality PIR water savers installed.
Urinal Water Saving Devices and Washroom Water Saver Services
Services in Yorkshire by Rentex Hygiene Services. Our commercial urinal water saving devices are manufactured for demanding washrooms, Our friendly uniformed service operative’s call to install your water management system and urinal water saving devices subject to a site survey visit in the Yorkshire area, please Contact Us for a full water saver quotation, this service is normally combined with other Rentex business support services and washroom products such as: entrance mats, feminine hygiene, paper supplies and waste removal. For a complete peace of mind hygiene package our commercial installation services are provided in Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, and Halifax. Our washroom technicians also cover; Barnsley, Sheffield, Doncaster Harrogate and York providing the optimum washroom solution for your business.
Example of uncontrolled system:
1 x 9 litre cistern flushing every 10 minutes = 1,296 litres per day = 473 cubic meters per annum, equating to £804 per annum @ £1.70 per cubic meter water and sewage.
Urinal water saving devices and a controlled system:
1 x 9 litre cistern flushing every 30 minutes x 8 hours = 162 litres per day = 59 cubic meters per annum, equating to £103 per annum @ £1.70 per cubic meter for water and sewage. Saving of £701 per annum.
Water Management System Product Range
At Rentex Hygiene Services we supply a selection of quality urinal water saving devices and commercial washroom water management systems and solutions which are battery or mains power operated incorporating PIR motion detectors and service check valves.
Rentex Hygiene Service also understand that some sites or property landlords may require a purchase option on urinal water saving devices and management systems, please visit our online store for a range of commercial water savers to buy outright. We aim for a next working day delivery service on most of our products which are subject to our standard terms and conditions on purchases. Our quality watersavers are WRAS approved and additional tax benefits may be realised on their purchase and installation through the Governments ECA scheme
WRAS Approved Urinal Water Saving Devices
For commercial WRAS approved water saver purchases please use the links below
Water Saving Tips
Every business uses water and it is crucial to ensure that it’s not being wasted. Water used by commercial premises is metered, which means that wasted water is expensive and comes straight off the bottom line!
Water Saving Actions You Can Take
- Check your meter – make sure the serial number corresponds to the one on your bill – you may be paying for water that you are not using!
- Compare your water bills over a significant period of time – preferably a few years – this will enable you to see changing trends and detect any abnormalities which might require further investigation.
- Engage management and staff at all levels so that everyone is aware of the environmental and financial importance of saving water.
- Arrange for Rentex urinal water saving devices and management system installing.
- Appoint a staff member to be responsible for monitoring water usage around the business and identifying areas requiring action. This should involve regular monitoring and the same person should act as a contact to enable staff to report water leaks or any related issues and ideas.
Water Saving Products
- Water Meters can be fitted internally as a convenient addition to those mounted underground. These will enable readings to be easily taken on a regular basis without resorting to ‘pot-holing’. Furthermore equipment is available for remote monitoring and to raise an alarm / shut off supplies should a preset flow limit be exceeded
- Sub metering consider installing additional water meters at large sites with separate buildings and particularly where large amounts of water are used for certain processes. This can also aid leak detection by a process of elimination
- Urinal water saving devices and controls are now a legal requirement. They prevent wastage from traditional ‘trickle cock’ systems which fill and flush 24/7 whether the urinals are used or not.
- Hydraulic controls work by filling the cistern when a drop in water pressure is sensed due to hand washing. These controls although widely used are difficult to setup correctly and can be unreliable when the water pressure fluctuates – and depend upon user’s willingness to actually wash their hands!
- Waterless urinals can be used to avoid the use of water but they usually require an effective management regime to minimise odour problems
- Rentex Auto urinal water saving devices initiate a flush only after a person or persons are detected in the toilet area. Provision is made for a ‘hygiene’ flush to be carried out every 12 or 24 hours in order to keep the bowls fresh during periods of inactivity.
These urinal water saving devices can save massive amounts of water and payback times can be as little as 5 weeks. Furthermore additional tax benefits may be realised on their purchase and installation through the Governments ECA scheme
- Faulty leaking taps can be responsible for significant water loss
with dripping taps, a new washer costs less than 50p and starts to pay for itself immediately. A 5mm drip from a single tap can cost as much as £900 per year!
- Signs such as taps left running you should display warning posters, fit automatic/push taps or alternatively install a shut off valve system to isolate supplies to all hand basin taps and WC when areas are unoccupied. This valve system can also help protect against damage due to vandalism and burst fittings
Consider fitting spray taps or flow restrictors to reduce the actual flow from the taps
Outdoor Water Savings
- Consider using rainwater or grey-water for landscape irrigation. Plant trees and shrubs with deep root systems that do not require daily watering. Generally native plants require less water than ornamental varieties. Consider alternative landscaping features such as wood or stone.
- Water irrigation systems should be periodically checked for leaks and their spread restricted to the required area. Sprinklers etc should be controlled to function only when necessary.